Borrow a cake pan for a birthday, Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day, and more! Located in the kids room. Limit to 1 pan per family at a time. Loan period of 1 week- no renewals. Return your cake pan to the circulation desk. Please do not put pans in the book drop.
Pan shapes include bears, a cross, bunny, crown bundt pan, flowers, snowman, letters, numbers, monkey, Mickey Mouse, a football, big and small hearts, and doughnuts.
The library now lends a ukulele! Kit also includes a harmonica for duets! Lending period is 1 week! Located at the front desk.
Smyth Public Library has a Little Free Library located in the CYAA building for the winter (it will be moved outside in the spring). You can take out a book anytime you like for this little library!
Please fill out the following form for yourself or anyone you think would benefit from this service (friends, family, neighbors).
The library is proud to now offer The Healing Library, kits to aid with coping with difficult situations. We offer The Death of a Loved One, The Death of a Pet, and Alzheimer’s & Your Family. These are be located in the children’s room, along with books about each topic. The kits are available to check out.
Check out a telescope! Lended for 1 week.
RESOURCES WE OFFER
- Cake Pans- Lend for 1 week. Pan shapes include bears, a cross, bunny, crown bundt pan, flowers, snowman, letters, numbers, monkey, Mickey Mouse, a football, big and small hearts, and doughnuts.
Cake Pan Policies
Please wash the cake pan according to handling instructions before returning it to the library. A damaged item fee of $5 will be charged for cake pans returned dirty.
Return your cake pan to the circulation desk. Please do not put the cake pan in the book drop.
Cake pans check out for 1 weeks. You are limited to 1 cake pan at a time per library card.
Before and after usage, wash the cake pan in warm, soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Most of our cake pans are dishwasher safe, but not all.
We would love a picture of your creation! Share on our Facebook page (Smyth Public Library) or email the pictures to email@example.com
- The Healing Library, kits to aid with coping with difficult situations. We offer “The Death of a Loved One,” “The Death of a Pet,” and “Alzheimer’s & Your Family.” These are be located in the children’s room, along with books about each topic. The kits are available to check out.
- Ukulele and harmonica- Lended for 1 week.
- Check out a telescope! Lended for 1 week.
- Copies are available from our copier or printer at 20 cents per page. Faxes are $1 per page for the first five pages. Pages 6-10 are free, and pages 11-15 are an additional $1 per page. If you are interested in receiving a fax, call us before sending, as the fax machine needs to be turned on.Our scanner is available free of charge.
- Three Internet stations are available for public use on a first-come basis. Users under 17 must have a parents permission slip on file. See User Guidelines below.
- Free Passes are available to many museums in NH. See the museum passes page for a complete list.
- Download audio and eBooks for free from Overdrive! To use this resource, go to http://nh.lib.overdrive.com/, choose the Smyth Public Library, enter your patron barcode, and then browse your way through the titles.
- The Smythie can be found under “Our Newsletter”. Also, it is e-mailed each month with all the latest acquisitions and library news, and a special trivia question, which if answered correctly provides a credit for any one late fee. To subscribe, call or e-mail your address.
- Free Wireless Internet is available without a password anywhere in the library or on library property.
- BookPage magazine provides reviews on the best new titles. Pick up your free copy at the circulation desk.
- The Friends of Smyth Library run our annual book sale, which helps to fund many things at the library, like the aforementioned BookPage. If you’d like to join The Friends, please. contact us.
- Display your framed works of art or photographs for up to a month in our Gallery.
- Free access to EBSCO research database (search.ebscohost.com)- call us for the password!
- Smart TV in the meeting room, generously provided by the Candia Community Woman’s Club! The TV is for library programs, as well as for any individuals using the space.
- Check out our Mobile HotSpot for 1 week!
OTHER LIBRARY OFFERINGS
- Summer Concert Series
- Sewing Class
- Writing Group
- Book Club/Reading Group
- Friends of the Library Group
- Volunteering Group
- Monthly evening programs on a variety of interesting subjects
- Continual in-house book sale
- Annual book sale
- Monthly family movie night
- Computer classes
- Local author programs
- Annual Christmas cookie swap
- Summer Reading Program
- Weekly Story Time
- Monthly Game Night
- Monthly Coloring Night
- Monthly Snap Circuit Night
- Monthly Lego Night
- Monthly Movie Night
- Pajama Story Night
- Sewing Club
- Caldecott Challenge
- 1000 Books before Kindergarten
- Book Clubs
- Math Club
- Simon Says,“Read”-read to our therapy dog
- Fall Scarecrow contest
- Holiday Gingerbread Houses
- Bookvideo creations
- Users must sign in and out at desk
- 30 minute time limit if someone is waiting
- Game playing is prohibited
- View appropriate sites only
- Accessing obscene images is prohibited
- Use of personal media (i.e. flash drives, CD, DVD) is prohibited
- Under 18 needs permission slip signed by parent on file
- ALL printouts are 20 cents each
- For more information or questions please ask Smyth Library Director
- Any violations of these guidelines and/or damage to any hardware or software will result in permanent loss of computer privileges.