NH Free Legal Answers
This is a service for low-income New Hampshire residents. The program is sponsored by the NH Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and this Law Library, among others. There’s more information on the website https://nh.freelegalanswers.org/.
RESOURCES WE OFFER
- Free Math Tutoring available starting on September 3rd.
Weekly drop in sessions Tuesdays from 4-6 pm.
With Candia resident, Scott Hewitt, retired Math teacher and current instructor at community college.
For all ages and abilities with help from Arithmetic to Calculus.
- Home Delivery services
Please fill out the following form for yourself or anyone you think would benefit from this service (friends, family, neighbors).
- Cake Pans- Lend for 1 week. Pan shapes include bears, a cross, bunny, crown bundt pan, flowers, snowman, letters, numbers, monkey, Mickey Mouse, a football, big and small hearts, and doughnuts, Holly Hobbie, Princess, Enchanted Castle, Dora the Explorer, Dinosaurs, Baseball player, Ladybug, Snowman, Christmas Tree.
Cake Pan Policies
Borrow a cake pan for a birthday, Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day, and more! Located in the kids room. Limit to 1 pan per family at a time. Loan period of 1 week- no renewals. Return your cake pan to the circulation desk. Please do not put pans in the book drop.
Pan shapes include bears, a cross, bunny, crown bundt pan, flowers, snowman, letters, numbers, monkey, Mickey Mouse, a football, big and small hearts, and doughnuts, Holly Hobbie, Princess, Enchanted Castle, Dora the Explorer, Dinosaurs, Baseball player, Ladybug, Snowman, Christmas Tree.
Cake pans check out for 1 weeks. You are limited to 1 cake pan at a time per library card.
Before and after usage, wash the cake pan in warm, soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Most of our cake pans are dishwasher safe, but not all.
We would love a picture of your creation! Share on our Facebook page (Smyth Public Library) or email the pictures to email@example.com
- The Healing Library, kits to aid with coping with difficult situations. We offer “The Death of a Loved One,” “The Death of a Pet,” and “Alzheimer’s & Your Family.” These are be located in the children’s room, along with books about each topic. The kits are available to check out.
- Ukulele and harmonica- Lended for 1 week. Kit also includes a harmonica for duets! Located at the front desk.
- Check out a telescope! Lended for 1 week.
- Copies are available from our copier or printer at 20 cents per page. Faxes are $1 per page for the first five pages. Pages 6-10 are free, and pages 11-15 are an additional $1 per page. If you are interested in receiving a fax, call us before sending, as the fax machine needs to be turned on.Our scanner is available free of charge.
- Three Internet stations are available for public use on a first-come basis. Users under 17 must have a parents permission slip on file.
- Free Passes are available to many museums in NH. See the museum passes page for a complete list.
- Download audio and eBooks for free from Overdrive! To use this resource, go to http://nh.lib.overdrive.com/, choose the Smyth Public Library, enter your patron barcode, and then browse your way through the titles.
- The Smythie can be found under “Our Newsletter”. Also, it is e-mailed each month with all the latest acquisitions and library news, and a special trivia question, which if answered correctly provides a credit for any one late fee. To subscribe, call or e-mail your address.
- Free Wireless Internet is available without a password anywhere in the library or on library property.
- BookPage magazine provides reviews on the best new titles. Pick up your free copy at the circulation desk.
- The Friends of Smyth Library run our annual book sale, which helps to fund many things at the library, like the aforementioned BookPage. If you’d like to join The Friends, please. contact us.
- Display your framed works of art or photographs for up to a month in our Gallery.
- Free access to EBSCO research database (search.ebscohost.com)- call us for the password!
- Smart TV in the meeting room, generously provided by the Candia Community Woman’s Club! The TV is for library programs, as well as for any individuals using the space.
- Check out our Mobile HotSpot for 1 week!
- Little Free Library located in the CYAA building for the winter. It will be moved outside in the spring. You can take out a book anytime you like for this little library!
- Video On how to use OVERDRIVE (https://www.facebook.com/exeterpubliclibrarynh/videos/436721596893347/ )
OTHER LIBRARY OFFERINGS
- Summer Concert Series
- Writing Group
- Book Club/Reading Group
- Friends of the Library Group
- Monthly evening programs on a variety of interesting subjects
- Continual in-house book sale
- Annual book sale
- Monthly family movie night
- Summer Reading Program
- Weekly Story Time
- Monthly Snap Circuit Night
- Monthly Lego Night
- Monthly Movie Night
- Sewing Club
- 1000 Books before Kindergarten
- Book Club